THE FALLEN RENEGADES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FALLEN RENEGADES

Continue to our new site: http://thefallenrenegades.guildlaunch.com/

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My life as a Loremaster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Clavain
Clavain

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-09-13

Character sheet

My life as a Loremaster Empty
PostSubject: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:24 pm

If anybody has any words of wisdom for this Loremaster, please help me along.
I chose Explorer and have therefore got Tailor, Forestor and Prospector.
I am just about to turn 14th level and get the bear companion, which is good.
I have been working my crafting and can make some fairly decent Rough and Padded armour .
I got to Apprentice Forester and I am not too far away with Tailor, but havent pushed prospector as much as I cant use heavy armour anyway.

Any advice or any particular direction I should take?

Clavain
Back to top Go down
Thopor
Master
Master
Thopor

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:20 pm

Clavain wrote:
If anybody has any words of wisdom for this Loremaster, please help me along.
I chose Explorer and have therefore got Tailor, Forestor and Prospector.
I am just about to turn 14th level and get the bear companion, which is good.
I have been working my crafting and can make some fairly decent Rough and Padded armour .
I got to Apprentice Forester and I am not too far away with Tailor, but havent pushed prospector as much as I cant use heavy armour anyway.

Any advice or any particular direction I should take?

Clavain

Explorer is a very profitable craft-class.
Push your prospector skills and you'll become rich selling ore (which you don't need) in Auction House.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thefallenrenegades.forummotion.com
Cauwen

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:37 am

You go the path you wish. Dare I say that you should even pick a craft that roleplaywise suits your character! I know I did but who knows who else did, and I suppose it doesnt matter that much.

As for words of wisdom. Let your pet get the first hits in, they can take it much more than you can. Debuff the enemy with signs then wail into them. Just becareful not to do too much damage at once otherwise the enemy may decide to pick on you instead. What I find works best is as follows.

1) Let your pet attack. Use any abilities it may have.
2) Once the pet gets an attack in or two, start debuffing the target.
3) Stun any other enemies that are attacking you and focus on one at a time (presuming you have any stunning attacks right now)
4) Once you debuff the enemy start attacking them. DONT attack too quickly. I usually cast an offensive spell, wait 2-3 seconds then cast the next. Too quickly and you'll outdamage your pet and that is bad for you.
5) FOOD is your friend. Before you go into a big battle eat a muffin, or anything that repleneshes moral for 300 seconds. The healing will be real handy for you.
6) If you can HEAL your pet. Don't let it die as getting into melee for you means spells will be delayed at best or interrupted at the worst.

Crafting wise. Do what you want, do what you enjoy. If you do a craft just because it makes good gold but you hate doing it, you're going to hate the game and through hissy fits when you get irritated... I know I have Wink
Back to top Go down
Tigrim
Tigrim

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:54 pm

Cauwen wrote:
Crafting wise. Do what you want, do what you enjoy. If you do a craft just because it makes good gold but you hate doing it, you're going to hate the game and through hissy fits when you get irritated... I know I have Wink

I have to agree with this heartily, since especially in a kinship you don't need to rely on your own craftings or findings. So best you do what you like or as Cauwen said, even better, do what suits your char and his/her tale.
Back to top Go down
Clavain
Clavain

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-09-13

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:08 pm

I originally had Armourer but changed to Explorer to make Light Armour for myself. The porspecting seems to be a big money maker but I dont know how to use the auction?!?
I have been refining whatever resources I have and just selling to whichever NPC I can. Will I make more by going to the auction? Maybe that question should be posed in a different thread.

Roleplay wise I have no problem my my guy having to do this part just to make money. We all have to get by in the world even our MMORPG alter egos Smile

Re my tactics in combat I pretty much do what you are suggesting Cauwen, but sometimes I get too impatient and draw the aggro to myself. So far it's not a major problem but I guess it will become so when I start to face much tougher higher level opposition.
I've been hoarding the food so far so I really msut remember to take advatage of its bonus for the anticpated tougher melees.
The Bear goes in first every time and if nothing else it means I have the option to abandon the poor critter and make my escape (only happend once). It doesnt sit well to do it as I do try and roleplay the whole pet/companion thing but I guess some times needs must.
Just turning 15th lvl now so I am still miles behind the rest of you guys and gals, but I am getting there.... slowly Wink

Clavain
Back to top Go down
Thopor
Master
Master
Thopor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:47 pm

Clavain wrote:
I originally had Armourer but changed to Explorer to make Light Armour for myself. The porspecting seems to be a big money maker but I dont know how to use the auction?!?
I have been refining whatever resources I have and just selling to whichever NPC I can. Will I make more by going to the auction?

Check ores and ingots prices at AH! You will quickly realize your big mistake that you've been selling them to NPCs....
Back to top Go down
Thoramir

Thoramir

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:23 pm

WoW!!! I must second Thopor's opinion. You have lost a fortune!!!
Thopor, I think we should reconsider Clavain's Membership Wink Such a waste of Gold isn't in Fallen Renegades' nature...
Back to top Go down
Thopor
Master
Master
Thopor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:40 pm

Thoramir wrote:
WoW!!! I must second Thopor's opinion. You have lost a fortune!!!
Thopor, I think we should reconsider Clavain's Membership Wink Such a waste of Gold isn't in Fallen Renegades' nature...

Hehehe yeah, she could give it to us instead of NPCs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My life as a Loremaster   My life as a Loremaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My life as a Loremaster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE FALLEN RENEGADES :: Lore-Master-
Jump to: